This week’s Meatless Monday recipe isn’t technically a dinner meal – although we won’t judge you for eating these muffin bites in place of dinner. We love these muffins – they are gluten free and full of fibre to curb that mid-afternoon snack attack. We have added some Nutrition Warrior Spice Super Protein Blend to give the muffins some zing! If you don’t have any Nutrition Warrior handy, you can add some ginger, cinnamon and turmeric powder instead. If you are a Sugarfree Box subscriber, you will find a Nutrition Warrior Super Protein Blend inside your June box.
Gluten Free Sweet Potato and Zucchini Muffin Bites
Makes 12 small muffins
1 medium sweet potato, chopped
1 medium zucchini, grated
1/2 cup coconut flour
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
4 tbsp Nutrition Warrior Spice Super Protein Blend (more if you want more protein!)
Handful of pumpkin seeds
Splash of milk/mylk of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease the muffin tray.
- Microwave the sweet potato on medium-high for 3-4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the eggs, sweet potato, zucchini, olive oil and milk.
- Mix well until there are no lumps.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin tray, bearing in mind that they will not rise too much.
- Bake for 25 – 35 mins, until a knife/skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
– The Sugarfree Box Team