Think giving up sugar means you can’t have your dessert and eat it too? Wrong! You can definitely still enjoy a sweet treat from time to time, it’s just all about swapping out the refined sugar for natural sweetners, such as fruit or stevia. Lychees are a delicious summer fruit bursting with flavour and there are an abundance of them available here at the moment, so we chose to incorporate them in to this sugar-free, dairy-free, coconut milk pannacotta recipe. We also added some Natvia granulated stevia to this recipe, as it’s perfect for that extra hint of sweetness without the sugar. Enjoy!
Sugar-free lychee and mint pannacotta
- 200g fresh lychee flesh (about 20 lychees, peeled and seeds removed), plus extra to serve
- 1 (400ml) can coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Natvia granulated stevia
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 6 mint leaves + extra for decoration
- Edible flowers, for decoration
- Mix the coconut cream and gelatin in a small saucepan. Whisk and leave for 5 mins.
Place the saucepan on the stove at a low heat and stir until combined.
With a stick blender or food processor, purée the lychees and mint until smooth.
Remove the coconut cream mixture from stove and add the purée and Natvia. Stir until well combined.
Pour the mixture into small glasses or ramekins and refrigerate until firm (about 4 hours).
Top with fresh lychees, edible flowers and mint leaves.
For a vegan alternative, simply swap the gelatin for agar powder. Top with edible flowers and you’ll be sure to impress at your next dinner party!