Looking for a sweet treat but want to keep it as wholefood and healthy as possible? Eating healthy or clean doesn’t mean never ever having treats again, it just means replacing highly processed and refined sugar laden snacks with ones that are nutrient dense and nourishing – like this delicious Raspberry and Cacao Slab recipe created by clinical nutritionist Caitlin Rooney.
If you are trying to avoid fructose, simply swap the honey for rice malt syrup and voila! A nourishing treat that is sure to cure your sugar cravings straight away.
Raspberry and Cacao Slab
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal or LSA
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil with the honey and tahini and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and add in all ingredients.
- Stir until well combined, then transfer the mixture to a baking tray lined with baking paper and pour in evenly.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, pop in the freezer for 45-60 mins or until well set.
- Remove from freezer and break up into small rough pieces. Store in the freezer until ready to eat.
Caitlin Rooney is a Clinical Nutritionist (BHSc) who has been working in the health and wellness industry for the past 6 years. She is extremely holistic in her approach to health, and truly believes in the role of food as medicine. Caitlin loves to spend her spare time exercising at F45, creating new recipes in the kitchen, at the beach or in nature, and with her family, friends and loved ones. Caitlin loves to help educate others to eat well and treat their bodies with kindness, and often runs health and wellness workshops. You can find her on Instagram (@radiant_and_nourished) or on Facebook (Radiant and Nourished Holistic Nutrition and Wellness).