You’ve probably heard all about the benefits of acai by now, especially that it’s great for your immune system, is a great energy booster and that it may have anti-ageing effects. Unfortunately, many acai blends have unnecessary added sweeteners – and don’t even get us started on the sugar content of some store-bought acai bowls! When we came across Elite Nutrition‘s Acai Blend, one of the products in our upcoming Autumn Box, we were surprised to see that it had less than 3 grams of total sugars per serve. The blend includes coconut flakes, a mixture of other superfood powders and raw cacao nibs, making it the perfect smoothie booster or, in the case of our No-Bake Choconutty Acai Slice, a great addition to your baking.
No-Bake Choconutty Acai Slice
Makes 10 medium-sized pieces
- 5 tbsp Elite Nutrition Acai Blend
- 9 dates
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 and 1/4 tbsp raw cacao butter, melted (substitute with melted coconut oil if cacao butter isn’t available)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp water
- Line a brownie pan measuring approx. 10cm by 15cm with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture starts to form a doughy consistency.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and flatten into the brownie pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, then slice and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Note: Whilst this recipe is refined sugar-free, the dates do add a significant amount of fructose to the slice. This is a “treat” food and should be enjoyed in moderation.