Anyone who has tried looking for a good, clean protein powder – particularly a whey protein isolate (WPI) – will know that it’s nearly impossible to find one that isn’t stuffed with sucralose and all sorts of other nasty additives. We were so excited when we first heard about Promise Nutrition and their Organic Cacao WPI – so excited that we decided to include their Organic Cacao WPI in all our non-vegan October boxes. Promise Nutrition have shared this delicious recipe for Organic Cacao & Peanut Protein Balls with us, and we hope you enjoy it!
Organic Cacao & Peanut Pecan Protein Balls
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 10 fresh medjool dates (or 15 dried dates + 5 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp high quality peanut butter
- 1 tsp organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 heaped scoops of Promise Nutrition Organic Cacao WPI
- Coconut, desiccated
- Roast the pecans and almonds in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 180ºC. Put aside to cool before blending into a fine crumb.
- Add remaining ingredients, except coconut, to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Roll into bite-sized protein balls and coat in desiccated coconut.
- Store protein balls in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.