In case you missed it, we’re loving all things activated charcoal right now. Aside from the purported health benefits, it makes a great natural colourant and can make the most plain dish look fabulous. Naturally, we couldn’t resist adding a dash of activated coconut charcoal from We Are True to this simple smoothie bowl. The result is the black smoothie bowl recipe below.
Note that if you are consuming activated charcoal, you should ensure you stay well hydrated and should avoid taking medication within 4 hours.
Black Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 2/3 cup coconut mylk
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries + extra for topping
- 1 tsp We Are True organic activated coconut charcoal
- 1 tbsp peanut butter + extra for topping
- 2-3 tbsp good quality protein powder of your choice
- A handful of cashews or other toppings of your choice
- Combine the mylk, strawberries, 3/4 of the banana, peanut butter, charcoal and the protein powder in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Slice the remaining banana into thin slices to decorate.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with banana, strawberries and cashews, and finish with a drizzle of peanut butter or greek yoghurt.
Take our 7 day sugar-free challenge!
- Receive our challenge ebook with tips on dealing with cravings, grocery shopping, reading labels, and more.
- Access our support forum, where you can chat with other people on the same sugar-free journey.
- Receive daily support emails to keep you motivated.